Monday, September 12, 2005

Warning this post contains girly problem stuff read at your own risk!!

My birthday went well as birthdays go, although it was squished together with the lady who we are staying with's daughter-in-law, and kinda turned out to also be a good-bye party for said ladies granddaughter. LOVERLY ISN'T IT? Boy, I can't wait until we have our own place. But I got some nice things, like the first season of Dead Like Me! I've so watched it 3 times!

I had made my gyno apt for the 16th so I wouldn't be all hurty on my birthday. He did the regular appointment stuff and then he took a biopsy of something up in there. And OUCH, freakin' bleepety bleepin bleep!!!! Talk about the WORST cramps for like a week or so after! And not to mention the bleeding. Ugh it was so icky gross. Then I started dropping clots from that area, not little ones, ones that made sounds when they hit the red sea that was the toilet water. Nasty, huh? So I wanted someone else to witness the horror that was happening to me, mom can always be counted on to comfort me in times like these. And she kinda freaked out and insisted on taking me to the ER, a different ER this time! We told the ER doc about my rare blood problems and the current um situation. All he did was take some blood from me and find that my INR was 8.26 or close to that, and then gave me a vitamin K shot and sent me on my merry way, while mom is still worrying, I think I've given her like 40 new grey hairs.

By the next day I hadn't had much improvement as far as I could tell, and mom thought they should have admitted me to keep close tabs on my INR. So we go to yet another ER, this one was in Ft. Worth. They take blood, do a girly exam and a ultrasound. The INR this time was 4.6, so I got sent one with instructions not to take any of my blood thinners until I was at 2.0 to 3.0. So I didn't take any that night got my blood tested. But that night I took 5mg of my blood thinners and found out what my INR was, it went down to 1.73! Freakin buttheads! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Crap!!! Got it checked last week and it was 1.52. Shit! So I'm within clotting range, great! But I'm not bleeding anymore! So I have to get my INR checked tomorrow and I'm seeing my pain management doctor, and I've finally got a hemotologist that I get to see tomorrow too! Um, well make that today!

We did find out why my periods are all so weird and whatnot. I have Complex Non-atypical Hyperplasia. What all this means is (thank you lil pamphlet that I picked up at my gyno's). Hyperplasia is a condition that occurs when the lining of the uterus (endometrium) grows too much. It is a benign (not cancer) condition. In some cases, however, it can lead to cancer of the uterus (but not in my case). So my gyno wants to put me on progesterone, which ironically can cause blood clots!, and then in 3 to 4 months do another biopsy this time he said he'd make me sleepy for it. And he might have to do a D & C, which is: Dilation and Curettage, the opening of the uterus is stretched (dilated). Well they use the curettage thingy to clean ya out! FUN FUN!

If you've made it this far thru this entry u should go get yourself a cookie! If any of you who have been reading my blog and have been waiting bated breath for a new entry would like me to add your page to my links let me know in the comments! Thanks for being a champ and reading all of this! WAY TO GO YOU!!!!!

No comments: