Friday, September 26, 2003

At 7:30am on 9/25/03 we lost one of the puppies. Willow the one who was born with 3 membranes died yesterday. She had been walking unsteadily since she learned how to walk, and she cried a lot more then the other 2 girls. Then yesterday she started having convulsions. She was crying almost non stop. I couldn't handle it anymore so my mom took willow into her room. She had convulsions all day off and on on the 24th. It was so horrible to see her in such pain. We would have taken her to the vet but we didn't have any money and we called all the vets in the phone book and no one would help us. I felt the top of her head and it felt like she had a hole there. The other 2 girls don't have that problem. And we think Willow might have had Hydrocephalus which literally means 'water on the brain'. It was so sad, I've been crying off and on for the past 3 days. We're not going to let Conner and Kea, the parents, have any more puppies because neither my mom nor I can go thru that pain again. But we are going to keep the other 2 puppies. We've renamed Crystal to Kyra Danielle. Lyric and Kyra are doing great, they are both getting bigger and playing a lot more. It's a good thing we have Lyric and Kyra, but we'll always remember our little Willow.

No comments: