Friday, August 17, 2007
It has been such a long time since I've posted. Lets see after my surgery we found out that I had me some cancer. So this past year I do believe I've been kinda depressed. Also my hematologist had put me on injections of the blood thinner lovenox once a day instead of the pills cuz she thought I was having an allergic reaction to them. I was having a headache for a month. So about a year later I was having pain in my right leg, the leg that I've had my past blood clots in. I thought I had pulled a muscle or something because it happened around the time I slipped and smashed my knee into a wall. But as it turns out that wasn't the case. So I went to the ER and they ordered a Doppler of my leg. And I had 3 clots!! I've never had that many clots before. So I was admitted and put on heparin. I stayed in the hospital for all of 5 days. And my hematologist put me on a different injection. Which I was very hesitant about going on. About a week and a half later my leg started to hurt allot again. So I went back to the ER and and another Doppler of the leg. But this time I had the three clots along with a fourth clot as well. But by this time I contacted my general practitioner and requested a referral to see a new hematologist. My first appointment with my new hematologist was in the hospital. She kept me in the hospital for 10 days and put me back on the coumadin. Which I feel better about being on. Even if I have to have blood tests all the time. I'm so disgusted with my old doctor. The hospital doctor did a test to see how well the lovenox was working with me, the same one my old doctor did but sat on for months and months. The ranges which showed it was working well in your body was between .30 and .50 and my level was .10. So for that year it was like I wasn't getting any blood thinners at all!! So I am very glad I have a new doctor. I really like her allot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment