Tuesday, August 12, 2003
My mom's little chihuahua Kea was pregnant, and she had the babies! We stayed up all night and well into the morning. It was so amazing seeing and help her give birth, and yes I helped alot. She started labor at 3:28am on the 10th. We didnt see the sack, which the baby was in, until 4:14. It was so hard to see her in so much pain, she made strange sounds kinda like she was a cat. Then at 4:15 she gave birth to Crystal, a female, I pulled the sack off of Crystal's face. I know it sounds gross but this is her first litter so i was gonna help her as much as possible. Crystal is very light tan, almost white, with white on her chest she is very vocal. We were thinking that Kea might have like 3 to 5 puppies we didn't know for sure. At 4:45am she started having bad contractions again. Then at 4:55 another female, who we named Willow, was born. She is a darker tan with a white blaze on her head and some white on her neck and chest. She is the most quiet out of all the puppies. She had 3 membranes around her, which I helped remove. Then for the last time at 6:11am Kea went into labor with the last puppy. Lyric Myst was born at 6:14am, she was the easiest to birth for Kea, and again I helped remove the membrane off of her. Lyric is the white tan like Crystal, but she has a white blaze on her head and neck and chest. She also seems to have a longer coat then the other ones. So thats the puppies. I am keeping Lyric, but I might change who Lyric is as they become their own puppy, depending on personality. I think that my mom wants to keep the other one. We promised one to some friends of my moms. But we'll be able to see that puppy when we want to. So thats the news as of now! I'm so happy I got to be there and see all of that happen and help out alot too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment